Friday 10 June 2011

ICT IN AUSSIE RULES

I have used video images from various sources to teach good skills in Aussie Rules football. My year 5/6 team visit a website (linked from a bit.ly shortener) during the week where a video and/or images are uploaded with discussion of what to look for, what didn't work well or sometimes a quiz about what the player would do to stop that particular movement of the ball etc. I opened up the comments section and the reports are interesting to read. I wonder how I could have explained the strategies we want to put into our game plan without this use of video (that can be viewed as many times as the player needs). Would I explain it through words? Maybe draw on a whiteboard? Give the player a handout sheet with diagrams and explanations? Static drills? I'm not sure. Does having videos mean I can do extra things with the team? Maybe, maybe not, but it certainly allows me to illustrate the points more clearly than I ever could with words. I love having a team website!

No comments:

Post a Comment